Foreign nationals who are point tested skilled workers and who wish to work and live in Australia, can apply for permanent residency under the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189). The applicant of this visa does not have any sponsoring family member or employer or any government agencies, so they have to apply on their own after taking points-based test.
In order to apply for this visa, the applicant should first submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) through SkillSelect, in which they give their personal and professional details, along with their future plan of action. When the EOI is approved by the authorities a formal invitation is sent to the applicant for applying visa. The applicant must apply for the visa within 60 days of the invitation. The information given in the EOI cannot be changed during these 60 days.
Here are a few requirements that must be met by all applicants for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189).
- Applicant must be invited to apply by the authorities after submitting the EOI
- Applicant must have nominated himself for an occupation that comes under the relevant skilled occupation list
- Applicants must have got a suitable score in the point test for the occupation they have nominated themselves
- Applicant must be less than 50 years old
- Applicant should be proficient in vocational English
As this visa (subclass 189) allows permanent residency, you can get your family members to stay in Australia on a valid visa. On this visa you and your family members can
- Study and work in Australia.
- Stay indefinitely in Australia
- Enrol in Australia’s Medicare scheme
- If eligible you can apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor relatives who are eligible for permanent residence
- Travel in and out of Australia, but only till five years from the date of issue of visa. After that you need to renew your permanent residency every five years
To get your subclass 189 visa approved quickly and without any hassle, apply online at http://www.easyaustraliavisa.com.au/